Volunteers are the lifeblood of Animal Aid. Without this wonderful support we simply would not achieve what we do each and every day.
Animal Aid is priviledged to have over 500 dedicated volunteers assisting with all areas of our organisation. These volunteers gift thousands of hours of their time every year to support animals in need.
Volunteering with Animal Aid is a great way to meet new people who are committed to giving homeless pets a second chance. Most of our volunteers are drawn to working with us because of a strong sense of wanting to make a difference to a cause they believe in.
We always need volunteers to fill roles and assist us every day of the week for many tasks to support the animals in our care. Tasks include general cleaning, washing of bedding, maintenance, gardening, bathing, grooming, feeding, playtime socialisation and walking. Exciting volunteer roles exist in:
- Grooming Salon
- Vet Clinic
- Customer Service & Administration
- Events & Fundraising
- Opportunity Shops
- Grounds and Maintenance
- Drivers for pick-up and delivery runs
- Foster carers
We need volunteers who are enthusiastic, have a passion for animal welfare and can commit to:
- A minimum of 6 months of your time
- Being part of a weekly roster
- Undertaking either a half day or full day shift
- Our animals will be relying on our team of regular volunteers to receive their much-needed care. Unfortunately our animals still need lots of tender, loving care even when volunteers don't arrive for their shift so we are seeking volunteers who are very reliable and understand the importance of their role.
We understand that sometimes you may need to miss a shift due to personal circumstances. We ask our volunteers to give the Animal Aid as much notice as possible so we can find someone else to fill in.
Volunteers must be 16 years and over
How to apply to be a volunteer?
Please click on the Registration Form link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TRMDRTC and complete the Online Registration Form.
For Regional volunteering please click on the Reginal Registration link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5XC2ZW8 and complete the Online Registration Form.
Please note Student Course Placements are to complete a Workplace Registration Form Located under Student Information.
What happens next?
- Once your Registration is received we will notify you that it has been placed on our prospective volunteer database
- Volunteer Registrations are reviewed against the available gaps in our rosters
- Successful candidates will be contacted within 7-10 days