Bequests | How to leave a bequest 

To make a bequest to Animal Aid you can either update your existing Will or make a new one. 

We recommend that you consult your legal advisor or trustee company when preparing or updating your Will to ensure that it is correctly drafted. The following wording may be considered by your legal advisor:

"I bequeath to the Victorian Animal Aid Trust of 35 Killara Road Coldstream Victoria, for its general purposes the sum of $............................. (or portion of estate, or description of property) and I declare that an official receipt from the organisation shall be a sufficient discharge to my trustee/executor."

For those with pets, you may also wish to include the following wording:

"This legacy is subject to The Victorian Animal Aid Trust ensuring that they will guarantee care for my animals at my death."

Need a solicitor?

Call the Law Institute of Victoria’s referral service on (03) 9607 9550. They will recommend someone in your area. 

Types of bequests?

Your bequest can be a specified amount of money, a gift of a particular asset such as shares or real estate, or a percentage of the residue of your estate.

Alternatively, you can instruct that a Perpetual Trust is set up under your own name which channels the annual income to your nominated charity (or several if you prefer). This way, your generosity lives on in perpetuity after you’ve gone with the funds from your estate being independently managed and then distributed to charities that were close to your heart.