Location – Gippsland (Sale)
A fantastic opportunity exists for an animal attendant to join the Animal Aid family. This is a role with diversity, as the successful applicant will perform a mix of both administrative and animal handling duties within our Shelter.
Applicants will be required to work over a 7-day rotating roster which includes weekends and public holidays as needed.
The successful applicant will have:
A genuine passion for helping people and animals.
Proven animal husbandry and canine handling knowledge and experience.
Must have a willingness to work across all areas of the shelter as required.
Excellent customer service and communication skills.
Complaint resolution skills.
Dog Breed knowledge along with good behaviour / medical observation skills
Good computer skills.
Relevant qualifications in animal care will be highly regarded.
Shelter experience will be highly regarded.
A current driver’s license
Sound emotional maturity and animal welfare ethics
Positive team member and a keen attitude for sharing knowledge.
Role duties & responsibilities
- General care, husbandry and handling of animals.
- Assist with animal admissions and reclaims.
- FOH Administration and Customer Service
- Monitor and report animal health.
- Assist Veterinarians as required.
- Complete related documentation and maintain internal database.
- Upkeep and clean the facilities.
- Work in a team environment and support volunteers.
To apply please submit your and resume to Ariel Jennings, Human Resources Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org