Volunteers are the lifeblood of Animal Aid. Without this wonderful support we simply would not achieve what we do each and every day. Animal Aid is privileged to have over 500 dedicated volunteers lending a hand within all areas of our organisation.
These volunteers gift thousands of hours of their time every year to support animals in need. Volunteering with Animal Aid is a great way to meet new people who are committed to giving homeless pets a second chance.
We need volunteers in every department of Animal Aid. Our volunteers allow us to give every animal the time they need to heal.
- Grooming Salon
- Vet Clinic
- Administration, Events & Fundraising
- Opportunity Shops
- Grounds and Maintenance
- Drivers for pick-up and delivery runs
- Foster carers
We need volunteers who are enthusiastic, have a passion for animal welfare and can commit to:
- A minimum of 6 months of your time
- Being part of a weekly roster
- Undertaking either a half day or full day shift
- Our animals will be relying on our team of regular volunteers to receive their much-needed care. Unfortunately our animals still need lots of tender, loving care even when volunteers don’t arrive for their shift so we are seeking volunteers who are very reliable and understand the importance of their role.
We understand that sometimes you may need to miss a shift due to personal circumstances. We ask our volunteers to give Animal Aid as much notice as possible so we can find someone else to fill in.
- Please ensure you are aware of our location – 35 Killara Rd COLDSTREAM – we do not recommend you register unless you are within a 30km radius due to excessive travel time.
- Volunteers must be 16 years and over
Animal Aid welcomes opportunities to partner with companies to give animals in need a second chance. Please fill out the form below to complete an online Expression of Interest.
Corporate Volunteering Expression of Interest
Our events are increasingly becoming an integral part of Animal Aid’s fundraising. Our events are run almost entirely by volunteers, from smaller Community Events to our large scale events raising in excess of $50,000.
If you’re excited to meet new people and get your hands a little dirty to help us raise funds and raise the profile of Animal Aid then please, click the button below to apply!
Become a Foster Carer
Some of the animals that come through Animal Aid’s door are not quite ready to go to a forever home and need the short term love and care of a foster person or family.
Have you ever thought about fostering a homeless pet? Choosing to foster care an animal in need is both a rewarding and special experience. It is a big commitment, but the benefits of foster caring for both people and animals are unquestionable.
Placing animals into foster care helps them on the road to adoption as well as assisting Animal Aid during peak periods such as kitten season. Without our ever growing network of foster carers we couldn’t achieve what we do each year.