Animal Aid during COVID-19 – Stage 4 Restrictions
– Updated 12.02.2021
This is the best place to visit to get the most up to date information of how Animal Aid is operating during this tricky time.
Essential services connected with animal health or welfare, can remain open for on site business with an appropriate Covid Safe Plan.
• Shelters services including lost and found, and adoptions are classified essential services. We can provide you a letter as evidence of animal collection should you be questioned for traveling more than 5kms.
• If you are looking to ADOPT we ask that you look at our website prior to visiting the shelter, adoptions will now only take place via appointment. Please follow the instructions of our staff when you arrive.
• Veterinary care is an essential service. You are permitted to travel to seek or provide care for your animals. Car park consulting will recommence – unfortunately no customers will be permitted to enter the clinic.
• Boarding will remain open to accommodate those who require care for their animals due to illness or displacement. If you are visiting our Boarding Kennels, Shelter Kennels or Cattery we will need you to adhere to the 1.5m distancing and the 4 square meter guidelines. This may mean we request for you to wait outside until we are able to help.
• We need to ensure we are limiting the number of interactions our staff have, and that as few people are using our facilities as possible.
Due to the essential nature of our animal care teams we will continue to open 7 days per week, See our hours open to the public.
In the interests of the health of our staff, volunteers and the community we have temporarily closed our OP Shops, Grooming and our Dog Obedience services. We are taking every precaution to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers and visitors to the shelter.
Please, if you are feeling unwell, if you have a fever, dry cough, aches and pains, sore throat, headaches or shortness of breath stay home. Our services are essential in the community and we need to maintain a healthy workforce.
We are cleaning surfaces hourly; we have sanitiser in all reception areas, and we will be enforcing spatial distancing protocols. We have implemented the best personal hygiene practices and have advanced procedures ready to be put into action in the case of a positive diagnosis within our team.
Animal Aid is implementing these measures for the sake of our teams and the health of our community.
Be conscious when you’re entering our facility – have you used the sanitiser provided?
Be mindful of the 1.5m social distancing guidelines with our staff and customers.
We are practicing advanced personal hygiene, washing hands and sanitising surfaces hourly.
Maintain the 1.5m distance from all persons.
We request wherever possible for customers to pay with EFTPOS (preferably Tap ‘n’ Go) in the hopes our staff will avoid interacting with potentially contaminated money.