Animal Aid during COVID-19
Things are happening quickly with new guidelines and legislation being put into place daily. This is the best place to visit to get the most up to date information of how Animal Aid is operating during this tricky time.
- Animal Aid has implemented new operating hours in our Shelters
- Details below or visit our Contact page – please call us before you visit
- All Dog Training has been cancelled until further notice
- Appointments are limited at our Grooming Salon
- All Animal Aid Op Shops are closed until further notice
- Our monthly Dog Walking Group will be cancelled until further notice
- Strict hygiene and social distancing measures have been implemented in every department
• If you are visiting our Vet Clinic we will meet you as you arrive, we will hear your instructions and/or concerns then walk your pet inside and conduct their consult with you over the phone, while you wait in your car.
• If you are visiting our Boarding Kennels, Shelter Kennels or Cattery we will need you to adhere to the 1.5m distancing and the 4 square meter guidelines. This may mean we request for you to wait outside until we are able to help.
• If you are looking to ADOPT we ask that you look at our website prior to visiting the shelter to get an understanding of the animals we have available and give us a call to let us know your intention to visit. Please follow the instructions of our staff when you arrive.
• We need to ensure we are limiting the number of interactions our staff have, and that as few people are using our facilities as possible. Please come to our adoption areas only on the day you are looking to adopt – you should have already spoken with us and preparations should have already be made.
Animal Aid will do everything we can to remain operational throughout this crisis and well into the future.
Due to the essential nature of our animal care teams we will continue to open 7 days per week, but our shelters will be reducing hours open to the public.
In the interests of the health of our staff, volunteers and the community we have made the difficult decision to temporarily close our Grooming Salon and all of our OP Shops and our Dog Training services. We are taking every precaution to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers and visitors to the shelter.
Please, if you are feeling unwell, if you have a fever, dry cough, aches and pains, sore throat, headaches or shortness of breath stay home. Our services are essential in the community and we need to maintain a healthy workforce.
We are cleaning surfaces hourly; we have sanitiser in all reception areas, and we will be enforcing spatial distancing protocols. We have implemented the best personal hygiene practices and have advanced procedures ready to be put into action in the case of a positive diagnosis within our team.
Animal Aid is implementing these measures for the sake of our teams and the health of our community.
Be conscious when you’re entering our facility – have you used the sanitiser provided?
Be mindful of the 1.5m social distancing guidelines with our staff and customers.
We are practicing advanced personal hygiene, washing hands and sanitising surfaces hourly.
Maintain the 1.5m distance from all persons.
We request wherever possible for customers to pay with EFTPOS (preferably Tap ‘n’ Go) in the hopes our staff will avoid interacting with potentially contaminated money.
If you are feeling unwell, please stay at home!
Monday – Friday: 8.30am-6.00pm
Closed Sunday & Public Holidays
Monday – Sunday: 8.30am – 3.30pm
Closed Public Holidays
We have temporarily closed our Dog Training Services
Call: 0403 515 465
Appointments are limited in our Grooming Salon
Call: (03) 8756 1300