Animal Aid during COVID-19 – Stage 4 Restrictions
Things are happening quickly with new guidelines and legislation being put into place daily. This is the best place to visit to get the most up to date information of how Animal Aid is operating during this tricky time.
Essential services connected with animal health or welfare, can remain open for on site business with an appropriate Covid Safe Plan.
On that advice, the following will take effect from midnight Wednesday 5th August and remain in place until 13th September.
- Face masks are required for entery into all departments of Animal Aid
- We will be tempreture testing all staff and visitors upon arrival to the shelter
- Animal Aid has implemented new operating hours in our Shelters
- Details below or visit our Contact page – please call us before you visit
- Private Dog Training sessions cancelled untill further notice
- Appointments are currently unavailable at our Grooming Salon
- All Animal Aid Op Shops are closed until further notice
- Our monthly Dog Walking Group will be cancelled until further notice
- Strict hygiene and social distancing measures have been implemented in every department
• Shelters services including lost and found, and adoptions are classified essential services. We can provide you a letter as evidence of animal collection should you be questioned for traveling more than 5kms.
• If you are looking to ADOPT we ask that you look at our website prior to visiting the shelter, adoptions will now only take place via appointment. Please follow the instructions of our staff when you arrive.
• Veterinary care is an essential service. You are permitted to travel to seek or provide care for your animals. Car park consulting will recommence – unfortunately no customers will be permitted to enter the clinic.
• Boarding will remain open to accommodate those who require care for their animals due to illness or displacement. If you are visiting our Boarding Kennels, Shelter Kennels or Cattery we will need you to adhere to the 1.5m distancing and the 4 square meter guidelines. This may mean we request for you to wait outside until we are able to help.
• We need to ensure we are limiting the number of interactions our staff have, and that as few people are using our facilities as possible.
Animal Aid will do everything we can to remain operational throughout this crisis and well into the future.
Due to the essential nature of our animal care teams we will continue to open 7 days per week, but our shelters will be reducing hours open to the public.
In the interests of the health of our staff, volunteers and the community we have made the difficult decision to temporarily close our Grooming Salon, OP Shops and our Dog Obedience services. We are taking every precaution to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers and visitors to the shelter.
Please, if you are feeling unwell, if you have a fever, dry cough, aches and pains, sore throat, headaches or shortness of breath stay home. Our services are essential in the community and we need to maintain a healthy workforce.
We are cleaning surfaces hourly; we have sanitiser in all reception areas, and we will be enforcing spatial distancing protocols. We have implemented the best personal hygiene practices and have advanced procedures ready to be put into action in the case of a positive diagnosis within our team.
Animal Aid is implementing these measures for the sake of our teams and the health of our community.
Be conscious when you’re entering our facility – have you used the sanitiser provided?
Be mindful of the 1.5m social distancing guidelines with our staff and customers.
We are practicing advanced personal hygiene, washing hands and sanitising surfaces hourly.
Maintain the 1.5m distance from all persons.
We request wherever possible for customers to pay with EFTPOS (preferably Tap ‘n’ Go) in the hopes our staff will avoid interacting with potentially contaminated money.
If you are feeling unwell, please stay at home!
Monday – Friday: 8.30am-6.00pm
Closed Sunday & Public Holidays
Monday – Sunday: 8.30am – 3.30pm
Closed Public Holidays
All Dog Training – Temporarily Closed
Call: 0403 515 465
Grooming Salon Temporarily Closed
Call: (03) 8756 1300