7 APRIL 2024
Wandin Park Estate, Gruyere
Does your dog love getting out and about, leaping and bounding, wading through water and muddy meadows?
We’re welcoming all dog lovers and their canine pals to take part in Adventure Dog – A Cross Country Challenge, help us raise money to care for the animals at Animal Aid.
Join us at the picturesque Wandin Park Equestrian Centre, where you and your 4 legged partner will be mentally & physically challenged. Together you will venture over the hills, under the logs, through the mud, you will enter the bush and plunge into the water with a splash! All while enjoying the views across the Yarra Valley towards Mt Donna Buang.
Human entrants must be aged 12 or over (consent form signed by legal guardian for those under 18), and dog entrants must be aged one year or over on event day, and both human and dog be fit & healthy.
After completing the challenge you and your four-legged friend will have a chance to celebrate with plenty of food and drink on offer in the event village.
ADVENTURE DOG PARTICIPANT CENTRE
1) Registration – if you haven’t yet registered for Adventure Dog 2023 you can do so HERE. You will need to have all of your team details ready prior to registering – including Name/Address/Phone/Email. Please ensure you have read and understood the Adventure Dog 2021 Guidelines and T&Cs.
2) Set up your fundraising page – We are asking that all registered participants raise $250, although this isn’t mandatory we would be extremely appreciative if you did choose to raise funds on our behalf. We rely on the support of the community to be able to deliver our lifesaving work. Every little bit makes a difference! See the below Fundraising Toolkit for some handy resources and tips!
3) Get training – The course is 4kms over hills and through mud. It will provide a challenge to many humans and some dogs. The more preparation and training you do in advance the more relaxed you and your furry companion will be on the day!
4) Put together your team – If you know an individual or a team who are participating and have already registered for Adventure Dog, you can request to be on course at the same time.
5) Get excited – We will be releasing the Official Draw with your start times 1 WEEK prior to the event. We know you are all itching to find out what time you are setting off onto the Adventure Dog course this information will not be available in advance.
6) Get set – Be sure to have read and understood the REMINDERS FOR THE BIG DAY document. This will be made available 2 weeks prior to the event day!
ADVENTURE DOG FUNDRAISING TOOLKIT
A HUGE thank you to those who chose to create a fundraising page – we’re thrilled with the extra effort you’re putting in to help the animals! We’re really feeling the love every time a donation comes in, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your efforts and the generosity of your friends and family!
Tip #1 – START today!
Don’t put off your funds until tomorrow, what you can raise today! The sooner you start, the more you will raise.
Tip #2 – Ask your NETWORKS
Ask your family, friends, colleagues, sport buddies, acquaintances, neighbours, etc. Everybody knows you and everybody can help you, because you’re doing it for a great cause. The company you’re working for may even give you a bigger donation than you expect…
Tip #3 – ASK for donations
If you don’t ask, you won’t get a cent… Most participants will experience the unjustified “first-timer asking shame”. There is no need for that, you are asking funds for a great cause, that needs your help. Ask and you will receive.
Tip #4 – Ask OFTEN for donations
If people don’t respond the first time, there is still a very big chance that they will respond the second, third, fourth or fifth time you’re asking. There are a million possible reasons why they didn’t respond straight away. Don’t assume they don’t want to give, until they say no (which they often don’t say).
Tip #5 – THANK (and tag) your donors publicly
Don’t forget to thank your donors publicly… Tagging in Facebook or Instagram works perfectly!
Tip #6 – Report on fundraising PROGRESS and ask again
Keep your donors in the loop on your fundraising progress. Do you only need $100 to reach your target? Let people know and ask them again! It shows how good you’re doing and that you still need help!